Limited, in-person services will be available starting May 10th. We will continue to expand hours and services, so check in for updates!
All visits are limited to 30 minutes.
We are currently offering:
- Computer use
- Browsing the collections in the Children’s Room (by appointment)
- Browsing the collections in the Adult Stacks, Teen Area, Audio Room and Friends of the Library bookshop
Services not currently available:
- Toys and computers in the Children’s Room
- Most seating
- Reading Room/newspapers
- Study/work tables
- In-person programming
- Monday - Tuesday 10-8 pm
- Wednesday - Friday 10-5 pm
Please keep in mind:
- All visits are limited to 30 minutes and may not be extended.
- Upon arrival all patrons must check in at the circulation desk.
- Per the West Newbury Board of Health, all visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask fully covering your nose and mouth for the entire time you are in the building. Please stay six feet apart from other visitors and staff and follow social distancing practices.
- Children’s Room visits require an appointment. Appointments are for a single family/household. All children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All children over 2 must wear a face mask while in the building. We ask that if you cannot make your appointed time to please call ahead and cancel so others will have a chance to enjoy this service. To book an appointment for the Children's Room please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 978-363-1105. If you book by email, your appointment is NOT confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from us.
Curbside pickup will continue to be available for anyone who chooses not to enter the building. Curbside hours remain the same: Monday 10-7 pm, Tuesday through Friday 10 – 4 pm, and Saturday 9-1 pm. For more information on Curbside Pickup, click here.
There are times we might reach capacity limits. To make space in the building for other patrons, we are asking everyone to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes or less and be mindful of other patrons as you browse, both to maintain physical distance and to move on when you’re finished to allow other patrons access to library materials.
Stay home if you are sick. If you are feeling ill, awaiting the results for a COVID-19 test, or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive or is awaiting the results of a test, please cancel your appointment.
We thank you for your patience as we transition to this new phase and we look forward to serving you!